Pages

Signs of Spring

Wednesday, April 1, 2015


I was inspired by Gayla Trail's latest post "Green Things Watch" to make a trip out to the local community gardens to see if there were some signs of spring. Gayla was encouraging her readers to help her make a collective picture of spring via #greenthingswatch, but as I don't have Instagram, I decided to make a blog post instead. Yesterday was hopefully the last snowfall and tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be 18 degrees Celsius! Its hard to believe. I guess Spring is finally here.


Even though it's so early in the season, there was lots to see at the local community gardens. My walk served to uplift my spirits a bit. Some milkweed is late in opening and starting to take flight again. Beautiful golden winter aconite and snowdrops are blooming amongst the grey, decaying leaves. Crocus, daffodils and tulips are just making their way out of the soil. The birds are rejoicing in the longer days. And the birds weren't the only ones pecking about! I saw a few gardeners inspecting the ground, waiting for the soil to drain and  be workable again. Guess I am not the only impatient one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! All comments are moderated. Your comment should be visible shortly.